sad sad sad

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 21 16:48:51 UTC 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Justin Zygmont wrote:

> I remember this guy I knew was playing around with a brand new
> motherboard. He had it on a metal topped table when he hooked up the power
> and turned it on!  The results were rather amusing.  and if that's not
> enough, he cut himself on the pins sticking out from under the board:)

Don't laugh about the pins. There was a time when I'd only handle boards
and chassis wearing industrial work gloves (assembly was not my job!). New
die-punched steel sheet chassis cut like glass and nobody bothers to
de-burr the edges nowadays. SMD boards have less things to make holes in
you with but they are very fragile.  Slide one across a solid table and
you just shaved off a few parts.

Peter