tickling lisp

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 20 22:08:31 UTC 2003

I have a problem that stumps me. I need to flatten a list that can be
complex, in tcl. I need to test the head for being a list. I can't ?

It turns out it is *very* hard to make a test in tcl that decides whether
"{a}" and "a" are the same. F.ex. [concat {a}] returns {a} (!!!). Worse,
[llength {a}] == [llength a] = 1. Huh ? a is not a list! I can't do
arithmetics on it either, my variables are pure symbols.

So how please do I find out if it's a list or an atom ?! Or am I missing
something ?

tia ?

Peter