Sympatico smtp

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 18 20:04:37 UTC 2003

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:41:38 -0400
"Wil McGilvery" <wmcgilvery-6d3DWWOeJtE at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> I would sure like to know why sympatico is having so much trouble and
> why we haven't heard about others having the same problem.

1. Bigger target
2. Bigger bureaucracy
3. Incredibly stupid techs

I used to work for Bell, and my wife still does. I can definitely vouch
for all that info. The only reason we've stayed with Sympatico so long
is that, due to employee discounts, we were getting it for 25 bucks a
month. They are now upping that to 30, so there is really no reason for
us to stay, and a lot of reasons to leave.

The *only* good thing I have to say about Sympatico is the DL speed,
which is now 2Mb, and the connectivity, which I don't recall ever
failing once, at least not in the past year or so. Not even a blip.

But this e-mail thing is getting to be a huge pain, and I want a static
IP.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046