pure microshit

Ralph Doncaster ralph-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 16 22:50:37 UTC 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> into rom. To stay on topic, what (fpga) will Linux be running on by then ?

I don't see any smileys here, so I'm going to assume you're serious.
If you are serious, you don't have a clue.  All of windows will never fit
in rom, and even kernel.exe is a squeeze.  The linux kernel already can be
run from flash (linuxbios.org).  FPGA = field programmable gate array, and
it's a totally different beast than ROM or flash.

-Ralph