Mail Dupes?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 16 20:28:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:20:28 -0400
"Wil McGilvery" <wmcgilvery-6d3DWWOeJtE at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> I don't know what is happening to Sympatico, but I have several
> customers who have to use the Sympatico SMTP server to send mail.
> (Sympatico blocks port 25 to outside servers)
>
> I am getting tons of calls because mail is not being sent and queue's
> are building up.

That's another thing, as I've mentioned before, it's taking waaaay too
long sometimes to send an e-mail, and some of the mail never makes it to
the destination. I know I've posted stuff here before and never seen it
show up at all.

> 2 customers are already switching ISP's because of this.

I'm really not far behind them I think. We get the 2MB DSL for 30 bucks,
which ain't bad, but "no servers" and the e-mail snafu's are starting to
make it less and less attractive, esp when Ralph's service, IIRC, is
about 35 bucks and I can run servers.

We shall see...

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046
A man said to the Universe:
	"Sir, I exist!"
	"However," replied the Universe,
	"the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."
		-- Stephen Crane