CVS, Wiki and other office stuff

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 16 18:35:11 UTC 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 12:00, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> > Lennart, are there specific aspects of subversion that are making it not
> > close enough to done for you to consider?
>
> I have it installed, and I am playing with it.  If there was a nice way
> to dump a CVS repository into it with history I would probably just
> switch.  It does look pretty darn good.  I just don't feel good
> recomending a 0.31 release to someone without some warnings.

I've been using it for a few months, most of the checkins are websites (HTML,
JPG, GIF, etc.  On large directories subversion would choke and die very
easily (server timeouts, up to version 0.26) recently (since version 0.29)
things seem to have improved but perhaps I just haven't been testing it as
heavily.

Now I have a few directories that are in a half checked-in state, haven't
figured out yet how to recover from that.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux