about Wiznet

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 16 16:55:39 UTC 2003

> Because of the prolonged problem with their mail relay we are planing to
> switch over to a different service provider. I just came across the
> Wiznet, some thing that I have never heard of. Does any one have any
> experience with them? Which high speed provider is the best in Toronto?

...hmmm... I like Arbies better than McDonalds.

ISP's are also largely a matter of taste/preferences. What's important to
you? Want webmail, news, etc., and all the other extras that sympatico
provides? Or do you just need a reliable always-on link to the 'net? Do
you want unlimited bandwidth transfers within the same peer (great for
daily backups). Do you want to run servers? Is it a commercial or res
account?

Wiznet was a great provider when they were dsl.ca and were just good
techies with lousy business practices. Since they bought/were
bought/joined/merged with wiznet it's been downhill all the way
technologically speaking. The service is now intermittant and it's only
been in the last couple of weeks that one could actually get to speak to a
live body instead of leaving endless unanswered messages.

As a result, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone at this point, but they
may be improving things. Only time will tell.

I'm thinking real hard about going over to Ralph's service. Here's my
thinking: If he's got the nuts to be on this list he's probably pretty
much confident in the level of service his company provides.

--
Keith Mastin
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.