ATI Is Looking for a Linux savvy developer and QA person

Matthew Tippett matthew.tippett-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 16 02:49:48 UTC 2003

Hello,

Not sure if this has been posted by Matt, but I thought I would make
sure that it does get posted, as this is probably the biggest
collection of Linux savvy people in Toronto :).

Anyway, I am heading up the development team taking over the
proprietary XFree86 drivers for ATI's video cards.  We are looking
for a Linux Developer and a QA person to start as soon as possible.

The position descriptions are at

Linux Developer
	http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/careers/toronto/736.html

Linux Technologist (QA)
	http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/careers/toronto/735.html

But in short, I am looking for a Developer that has Linux and
XFree86 experience (or at the very least graphics card programming
experience).  I am also looking for a QA person who loves automated
testing and isn't afraid to string together some scripting languages
to make the test automate.

Please send questions and resume's to

	mtippett-mRltml6h8fs at public.gmane.org (cc to matthew.tippett at sympatico.ca)

I would prefer not to get into discussions about Open Source vs
Proprietary, ATI does work closely with the DRI and XFree86
development teams.  I have been active in the Linux Community (in
Australia) for about 8 years, and have known Matt Rice for about 5
of them.  ATI is a great company to work for and we need some
talented Linux personnel really soon :).

Regards,

Matthew