NTFS and Linux

Lloyd D Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 15 01:53:55 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 16:57, Tim Writer wrote:

> I used Windows Defrag,
> tried disableing the pager file, etc. with no improvement.  In the end, I
> reinstalled.

Hmm, previously I overcame the same problem on WinXP by reducing single
partition as much as I could, reboot, making new partition for virtual
memory, changing "advanced" system setting to the new partition, reboot,
shrink primary again, reboot, moving virtual memory back to primary
partition, reboot, removing 2nd partition, reboot.  I think there was
some defrag in there too, and it was a royal pain.

Just prior to that experience (summer 2002), I discovered an interesting
bug with WinXP.  On boot scandisk crashes if virtual file system size is
0 -- I had plenty of real memory stupid.
-> reinstall :-(