Googley Woogeley

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 14 19:07:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Lloyd D Budd wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 03:06, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> > I don't know why they tried to single out Google. The use of cookies is
> > common to a large number of the web sites on the net. Any time you access a
> > web site, your IP address is recorded if the site has logging enabled.
> For privacy sensitive individuals having search terms associated to them
> is undesirable. Google could "unassociate" this info.

Google has an annoying habit of indexing messages sent to newsgroups and
mailing lists and then not finding all of them. Quoting someone out of
context is a pretty good way to heap s**t on him without lying. Other than
that I'm using it and feeding it chaff all the time. Will be amusing to
read my Carnivore profile some day ;-)

Peter