Googley Woogeley

Lloyd D Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 14 15:55:37 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 03:06, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> I don't know why they tried to single out Google. The use of cookies is
> common to a large number of the web sites on the net. Any time you access a
> web site, your IP address is recorded if the site has logging enabled.
For privacy sensitive individuals having search terms associated to them
is undesirable. Google could "unassociate" this info.

> Somebody else will probably be able to go through the points in more detail
> before I can. As its 3am at the moment, I need to go to bed to get some sleep.

http://www.google-watch.org/ describes all the possible concerns with
Google that I am aware of. Possibly the most interesting is the site's
concerns is Google does not make its position on privacy clear, and they
have made questionable implementation decisions related to privacy.