Mulithoming..

JM jerome-mhXWc29+iYPyG1zEObXtfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 14 05:51:19 UTC 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 19:44, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> On Monday 13 October 2003 02:41, JM wrote:
> > I have box with 1 NIC using a Global IP.  I was wondering is it possible
> > to using multihoming wherein that same NIC will be assigned an internal
> > IP?
>
> I don't see why not.  Of course the IP won't be globally routable so why do
> it?

ill be placing in a new server w/c will be used as a database server which i
dont want it to have a global IP.

this is my current disected network structure..

LAN --switch1--router1 ---modem1------------(LOCAL LOOP)---------------modem2
--router2--switch2--myboxes

switch2 is owned by the datacenter... without adding any boxes or NIC card or
etc would it possible to add private IPs on myboxes using the same interface
card w/c is currently used for public IP?

would IP aliasing do the trick?

eth0 = GLOBAL_IP
eth0:0 = 192.168.8.1