Microsoft Must be held accountable.

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 14 02:54:33 UTC 2003

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Keith Mastin wrote:
>
>> I don't think you can unincorporate until your books are free and clear
>> and the creditors have been paid or those matters have been settled for
>> the corporation. Until you do, it's still a viable entity and can come
>> back to haunt you later.
>
> I guess you didn't read my post about Dave & crew (Velocet/DSL.ca); you
> can contact the trustee ("Judd, Gregory M." <gjudd-dvAlpm8UpAg at public.gmane.org>) for
> confirmation that they walked away owing creditors ~$2M.
>
> Last I heard, Dave was still driving a nice new Lincoln Navigator and
> just finished building a new custom house.

I dunno if they did a Maryland Incorporation and extended it up here, but
that sounds like it might be so, or they just plain old broke the law and
are daring the creditors to come get it. If they're officers, they're
liable.

I had a client a couple years back that just disappeared. It just wasn't
there. I first noticed it because I had email from swatch telling me their
systems were down. Well, they weren't just down... they were gone, and so
was everything else (it was a publically traded company, yada yada yada
-the principles scooted).

The collection agency advised that it wasn't worth going after the
principles for the balance they owed me because there was no fix on how to
find them. I had to write it off and I'm none too happy about it. If you
can find these guys and they owe you money, hit 'em for it and recoup your
costs in jugdement. Then it's just like going after any other deadbeat.

Sometimes the cost of staying in business sux.

Cheers,

--
Keith Mastin
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.