Wiznet

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 13 23:57:28 UTC 2003

"Chris MacDonald" <cgm-BjBj7/ohIX+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> on Monday, October 13, 2003 7:21 PM
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 03:13:00PM -0400, Marc Lijour (Professeur
d'Informatique) wrote:
> > Wiznet performance has been decreasing for the last months, according to
my
> > experience here.
> >
> > Anybody who had already changed to another ISP?
> > My concern is to have a seemless move. I only operate a few personal and
> > non-profit websites, but I care very much and I rely on them for my
daily
> > work.
>
> Wiznet has been really unstable lately, yes. The old velocet people have
> started a new isp, eicat (eicat.ca). I'm probably going to switch to them
> as soon as they have things off the ground.

I was at the Unix Unanimous meeting last Wednesday, and Dave Gilbert (former
head of Velocet) was there. Now, I don't quite follow what happened at
Velocet, but I gather it was in essance a hostile takeover. Further I gather
Dave and some other senior staff from Velocet are suing for wrongfull
dismissal. As part of the wrongfull dissmissal I would gather things are
helped if Dave and the senior staff are unable to find work. So, I would
gather that (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) Dave and crew have nothing to do with
any ISP... :-) .

Colin McGregor