P-166 for free

Austin Acton aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 13 22:19:03 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 17:49, James Knott wrote:
> The only problem with it, is that it's
> in a full size case.  I'd prefer a smaller case for a firewall.  My
> previous firewall was a 486 DX2-66 & 24 MB.  It generally ran about 94%
> idle.  However, it also had a smaller case.

Off topic, I just bought a new system, and I decided to put it in an
e-cube (like Shuttle, but cheaper).  It's pretty awesome... it's clear
plastic (you can see the guts), it glows blue (neato), it's quiet, and
it runs cool (the P4 idles at room temperature, goes up to about 35 oC
during long compiles).

The whole thing is tiny, but deceptively heavy, like over ten pounds
easily.  The plan is to make a portable recording studio.

This would make the coolest looking firewall in town!

Austin
--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate