list check

Emir Alikadic emir-rdkfGonbjUTTQjIoRn/dzw at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 13 20:02:49 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, (J) JoeHill <joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

J> UID: 16430
J>
J> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:39:55 -0400 (EDT)
J> Ralph Doncaster <ralph-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> uttered:
J>
J> >
J> > Therefore you have no proof that I'm the only subscriber that received
J> > spam through the list.
J>
J> Ok, poll time!
J>
J> Who is getting spam from the list?
J>
J> Me? Nosiree.

I just noticed that your mail account is @sympatico.ca, which leads me
to believe that you're not running your own mail server and thus server
side SPAM filtering is handled by Sympatico.  Don't you think it's possible
that Sympatico's filters might have detected the SPAM and deleted it before
you had a chance to download it?  That would certainly make you unqualified
to post on this thread with any authority on the issue.
--
"If there's anything more important than my ego around,
 I want it caught and shot now."    [Zaphod Beeblebrox]