list check

Ralph Doncaster ralph-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 13 17:39:55 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Ralph Doncaster wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Peter L. Peres wrote:
> > > You are the only one who is getting spam from the list.
> >
> > Bullshit.  You can't know that unless you're running the list server.
>
> Or if I'm subscribed to the list. Which I am. I never got any spam from
> tlug, not now, and not ever.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have an IQ test before allowing
subscribers on the list.  For amusement I'll explain in elementary terms
the problem with your logic.

You claimed I'm the only one getting spam from the list (because you say
you didn't get any).  If we were the only subscribers to the list, that
would be true.  However fact that the two of us are not the only ones that
have posted to the list is evidence that there are many other subscribers.

Therefore you have no proof that I'm the only subscriber that received
spam through the list.

-Ralph