Microsoft Must be held accountable.

Ralph Doncaster ralph-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 13 14:54:29 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Anton Markov wrote:

> JoeHill wrote:
> >
> > Ok. Sorry, I'll be serious. I'll grant you, it is a fact that anyone can
> > form a corp, but *not* anyone has the same advantages in forming that
> > corp. I mean, c'mon, do you really think some little startup would stand
> > a snowball's chance in hell against the monsters that dominate the
> > business landscape?
>
> Where did all these "monsters that dominate the business landscape" come
> from in the first place?  Did they just pop out of nowhere?  Do you know
> the history of McDonalds?  Microsoft?  GM?  All where "little startups"
> once upon a time.

And I guess I'm a snowball in hell.  I started a small ISP 4 years ago
that is competing against the Bell monster.

The other point is you don't even have to compete against the "monsters".
Lots of small companies became successful providing products or services
to the "monsters".

My success in business is without any silver spoon to give me a leg up; I
grew up in rural Nova Scotia and my father was a unionized worker at
Sysco Steel.

-Ralph