turning off nautilus "autorun"

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 13 01:30:24 UTC 2003

a change of subject away from all those previously "heavier" topics... :)

Anyone know how to turn off Nautilus's (GNOME) annoying behaviour of
popping up a window whenever I mount a CD or drive?

I've tried browsing the web and googling for it, but I must be stupid and
not putting in the right keywords... I'm coming up blank.  Not even
finding any threads that ask this question... hmmm....

Also, anyone know how to disable the "Use Default Background" menu option
for Nautilus when right-clicking on the desktop?

-Jing