Microsoft Must be held accountable.

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 12 23:04:53 UTC 2003

I think you are still living in the industrial age!

Lloyd D Budd wrote:
>>(Fortunately) corporations can survive things like lawsuits
>>better than individuals.
>
> That is not a fortunate thing! Individuals, *people* should by more able
> to *survive*. Fortunately, corporations (the needs of many) seem to be
> legally more protected than individuals. Unfortunately, law is currently
> largely capitalistic.  The larger your wallet the easier it is to be
> legally correct. A small company with one or a few "great inventions"
> can be suffocated by a large immoral company.

Your concept of a "corporation" is very outdated.  A corporation is
nothing more than a record sitting in a file-folder in some lawyer's
office.  Anyone can create a corporation for $89 CAN online at the
Government of Canada's website.  In the digital age a corporation
doesn't have to be a big building with many offices, manufacturing
plants, warehouses, etc.  It can be a single person working from a
basement apartment; that is certainly how Bill Gate started off.

The power of the corporation comes from the fact that it can protect
individuals from lawsuits and the government.

If someone sues you personally, you can get thrown in jail, your
possessions can be confiscated, etc.  If someone sues your company even
if it consists solely of you, you can just file for bankruptcy and go do
something else.

More importantly, a corporation pays taxes on its (or your) net profits
rather than gross cash flow as does an individual.  That means that you
can avoid paying taxes on things like new computers, gas (partially),
etc.  With a *good lawyer* (don't take my work for it!), your "income"
(net) will decrease to a very small percentage of your gross.

The best part about this deal is that these advantages are available to
anyone.  It's not about luck.  Anyone can use these tools if they want
to, no matter what you do for a living.  I would recommend a great book
called "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki if you want to learn more
about the "secretes" of the rich.

P.S. What would you do, and what would you envision the world as if
Microsoft went bankrupt or just out of business in the next year?  Say
everyone including the government sues Microsoft, threatens to throw
Bill Gates in jail, and Bill Gates decides to take his personal billions
and retire to some place far away like Australia.  Microsoft is gone.
Poof. No more!  What would happen?

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPGP Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

  "The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
  - Some bad guy from 007