B.I.O.S. to lock out non-Windows code ?

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 12 22:39:01 UTC 2003

I think one way to make this discussion (as well as the "Microsoft must
be held..." and the "Anti-spam..." discussions) more clear is to agree
on the meaning of certain terms.  Most importantly...

Keith Mastin wrote:

> How do 'capitalism' and 'getting the government out of the way' equate?
> AFAIK, capitalism requires government, and it's antithesis is anarchism.
> If you're thinking that getting the government out of the way of the
> creation of individual economic wealth in the free market is going to
> happen soon, well... I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. :)

I think we are talking about different things.  When I use the words
"Capitalism" and "Communism", I am referring not to specific political
systems that have existed or do exist, nor am I talking about any of the
particular types of these systems that people have mentioned here.

I am referring to different mindsets:

"Communism" - we let others make decisions for us.  People live their
life by a set of rules, put in their five cents into the society, and
don't worry about anything.  Some kind of government takes care of all
the decisions, and the people accept them either by choice or by force.

"Capitalism" - everyone is responsible for themselves and their family's
future. People don't wait for someone to come along and give them a job
or welfare.  Everyone takes care of themselves and partners with other
people as it benefits them.  They choose whether they spend their lives
sweeping floors and live an easy life with no pressure, or they go on to
become entrepreneurs, spend countless hours working, fail, try again,
and finally build empires that allows them to achieve their dreams.

Both mindsets can exist under democracies and dictatorships alike.
However, only capitalism will work in an anarchy.  In order for
governments to exist, people must be dependent on them for as many of
our everyday needs as possible.  For example, the idea of "social
democracy" is nothing but a scam to get people more dependent on the
government.  The government is a parasite that feeds on people's desire
for "security" and "equality" (which stems from jealousy, the *largest*
human flaw).  The government consists of beaurocrats who do not
contribute anything to society except wasting people's money in the form
of taxes.

Most Canadians work from January to mid-June just to pay taxes.  That
means someone earning $50'000 a year pays $50'000 in taxes.  Is every
cent of those fifty thousand dollars returned to us in the forms of
services? NO. A chunk goes to pay the salaries of the various ministers,
and other lazy bums at all levels of the government.

Let's take the example of schools.  What if everyone took the tax money
that they pay the government who then uses it to pay the schools, and
just gave it directly to the school that their child went to?  We just
eliminated the Board of Education and as well as the Minister of
Education him/herself.  That freed millions of tax dollars that can be
used by the individuals to a) improve the quality of their children's
education or b) to improve their life in some other way.

There are countless similar examples that I can give you if you want.
This is why it is important to get the government out of the way.  Once
people take responsibility for their own lives, other problems in
society such as drug abuse and poverty will start to go away.  This
won't happen tomorrow, but it's the only way I see for humanity to move
forward.

I hope this cleared up some of my logic.

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPGP Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

  "The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
  - Some bad guy from 007