Changing iptables rules

Clive DaSilva cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 12 00:45:21 UTC 2003

Hello all

I am working with a new distro (Mandrake 9.1) trying desperately to
change the default iptables ruleset to allow ip_masquerade so my wife
and daghter can simultaneously surf on a Win98 box attached to my small
network. Are any of you aware of a URL which advises as to how to do
this ?  On my Slackware 7.1 setup, my iptables rules consisted of
perhaps five lines which enabled the ip_masquerade process, but the
iptables rule set here is quite long. I was considering writing a script
which I could enable at bootup which deleted all the generic iptables
rules created by the Mandrake install, and then just add the five lines
which I used to get ip_masq running on my old config.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Clive

--

Clive DaSilva