Microsoft Must be held accountable.

Teodor Iliescu tiliescu-ZdyLq7YhDA8hunQcOVOuvCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 11 17:29:05 UTC 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Anton Markov wrote:

> A few days ago my Computer Science teacher had me do a presentation on
> Linux for the class (no bonus marks or anything).  I had some of my
> classmates install and use Redhat.  They where surprised at how easy it
> was to use.  At least two people in my class are now considering getting
> Linux on their next computer.  They now know that there are options to
> Windoss.  This 'lesson' part of the curriculum or anything.  That is the
> power of education and knowledge rather than blind protests, complaints,
> or regulations.

I would also pitch in saying that Linux is easier to install than Windows.
I can make the comparison of Redhat 9.0 and Microsoft Windows 2000, from
personal experience.

I guess the only way to tell would be to ask two regular computer users
who have about the same experience/knowledge, and get them to install both
operating systems, and then to tell you which OS they thought was easier
to install.

I am still shuddering from an OpenBSD install. I guess they want to keep
the weenies out, but get the geeks in on the fun. :o

--
Teodor I.
http://penguincomputing.iwarp.com