B.I.O.S. to lock out non-Windows code ?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 11 11:49:28 UTC 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:25:15 +0200 (IST)
"Peter L. Peres" <plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> This has been tried many times. Every time another system came up,
> failed, and was blamed. Nobody blamed the part that survived the
> system changes:

The idea of a centralized authority. Look at this from the other
direction:

"Statism does have a certain appeal. The idea that we could select some
people to form what they call a 'government' and make decisions for the
rest of us is appealing because, if nothing else, it would mean we
wouldn't have to spend so much time in boring meetings.  But of course
it could never work for one simple reason: human nature. Most people are
hardly good enough to manage their own lives - how on earth could you
find a group of people who were so good they could manage everyone
else's?"

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046