Microsoft Must be held accountable.

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 11 03:15:43 UTC 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:04:04 -0400
Anton Markov <anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> As I have mentioned in my previous e-mail in this thread, Microsoft is
> simply following an immensely successful business strategy.

The U.S. Justice Department seems to disagree with you, and they are not
exactly "unfriendly" to corporate monopolies. MS's "immensely successful
business strategy" was to unfairly and illegally shut out competitors.
They stole intellectual property. They broke the law. I don't know how
much more simply I can put it.

> I completely agree with your accusations against their software,
> however lawsuits and insults are not what is needed to defeat the MS
> marketing machine.  (Fortunately) corporations can survive things like
> lawsuits better than individuals.  I will repeat again that the best
> way is education.  If we start forcefully changing Microsoft, not only
> will MS's accusations of 'communism' come true, but a lot of people
> will be very upset (face it, the best games are made for Microsoft
> systems [windows, xbox]).

I'm can't even begin to explain how flawed that logic is...and I don't
give a rat's ass about games.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046