Used hadrware computer store

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 11 02:59:12 UTC 2003

> Throw the drive away. I have three of them in the office (I guess the
> same ones you are talking about), and if you'll even manage to make it
> work with a different controller, I doubt it will live long. Well if you
> want to give it a try, let me know, and I'll give you all three of them
> (one even seems to be working from time to time).

He only needs for it to work long enough to get some data off the drive,
assuming he can.

It would be absolute stupidity to then try and use the resulting
"kludged up" drive for 'production' purposes.

If the data is worth something, it may also be worth trying a data
recovery service like the guys that presented at TLUG a few months ago.
--
If this was helpful, <http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=cbbrowne> rate me
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/languages.html