Anti spam solutions

Stephen kru_tch-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 10 16:43:27 UTC 2003

Agreed, the only way is to get a handle on spam, is instead of trying to censure the spammers, go after the corporations that are paying the spammers to advertise on their behalf (with fines). It really is quite simple, no need to use Draconian measures at the ISP level. That's using a sledgehammer in place of a scapel...

Kareem Shehata <kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
I do have a major problem with this. We're taking a technology that could
enable everyone on the planet to collaborate together, and because of a
few miscreants, we'll add a brick wall. The end result will be that
corporations that can afford to pay the initial costs will be able to send
just as much spam as before, but individuals who want to run a mailing
list will be screwed. Have you noticed the amount of junk mail you get in
your physical mailbox? We're facing the same thing here. Putting an
artificial price tag won't do anything except hurt the end user
Kareem

Regards,
Stephen