Anti spam solutions

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 10 13:59:55 UTC 2003

William Park said:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 05:29:05PM -0400, Charly Baker wrote:
>> And the spammers will carry on exactly as they now do, totally
>> unaffected by  this nonsense.
>
> Difference is that they'll be paying for what they are doing.  I don't
> mind that.  If you have the money, please go ahead and support your
> local ISP.

I do have a major problem with this.  We're taking a technology that could
enable everyone on the planet to collaborate together, and because of a
few miscreants, we'll add a brick wall.  The end result will be that
corporations that can afford to pay the initial costs will be able to send
just as much spam as before, but individuals who want to run a mailing
list will be screwed.  Have you noticed the amount of junk mail you get in
your physical mailbox?  We're facing the same thing here.  Putting an
artificial price tag won't do anything except hurt the end user
Kareem

--
      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611