Anti spam solutions

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 10 11:06:35 UTC 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:06:33 -0400
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> You pay your ISP, just like you're doing now.  Your ISP pays their ISP
> (ie. Bell).  Even if you connect directly to recipient's machine, you
> still have to go through your ISP, through telecom backbone, and then
> through recipient's ISP.  They'll love it.  They'll charge you money,
> and blame the "government" for making them do it.

I just hate to think that someone is getting/paying more money because
of some jackass who spam the 'net.

I think I like the idea of hitting the spammer back where it really
hurts, a la Paul Graham's FFB.

I *definitely* don't like the idea of incorporating anything like DRM
into my software. All I have to know is who came up with the idea of DRM
in the first place to know it's not for me ;-)

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046