Linux versus Windows viruses

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 9 21:54:25 UTC 2003

<quote who="Fraser Campbell">
> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty sure ssomeone recently posted a link to an article on Linux
> vs. Windows viruses and why Linux is more resistant to these viruses.
> Here is an interesting rebuttal:
>
>  http://www.PivX.com/larholm/articles/Linux_vs._Windows_Viruses.doc
>
> I do believe that Linux is more secure, I do believe that Linux is more
> securable but there are some valid points on both sides of the argument.

I pretty much stopped reading after he quoted some peter guy who said
there's been more worms and trojans by 3 to 1 against linux than against
windows. No reference, just "my buddy said... so it's true". Well, I gotta
buddy right here who says his buddy is a moron. :) I also noticed that
he's got an agenda with quite a bit at stake, so he's pretty much gotta
say something.

I've seen some pretty secure windoh$s machines, and some pretty insecure
linux ones. I think we all have.

Maybe we should challenge the guy to a showdown at the OK corral. We each
start with a bare metal box and a pristine cd of our chosen OS and an
unguarded, unfiltered connection direct to the 'net. First one to control
the other box wins.

--
Keith