Anti spam solutions

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 9 19:06:33 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 02:37:50PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 07:13:32AM +0200, Peter L. Peres wrote:
> > That could work. Especially if there would be a charge per recipient, as
> > is with paper mail.
>
> And how would you implement this?  What if I connect to your mailserver
> with my little program and try to send you a message?  How do you expect
> to charge me for sending it?  Who charges this fee?  An ISP?  The
> recipient?  Who gets the money?

You pay your ISP, just like you're doing now.  Your ISP pays their ISP
(ie. Bell).  Even if you connect directly to recipient's machine, you
still have to go through your ISP, through telecom backbone, and then
through recipient's ISP.  They'll love it.  They'll charge you money,
and blame the "government" for making them do it.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>