Linux versus Windows viruses

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 9 19:02:01 UTC 2003

Searching for unpatched IE vulnerabilities is pretty impressive:

  http://security.itworld.com/4345/030929iehole/page_1.html

This link may be a mirror of the one at PivX.com that is "under service
review" ... might not be as well but it still looks intriguing:

  http://www.spiceisle.com/nordpat/IEexploits.htm

On Thursday 09 October 2003 14:45, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty sure ssomeone recently posted a link to an article on Linux vs.
> Windows viruses and why Linux is more resistant to these viruses.  Here is
> an interesting rebuttal:
>
>     http://www.PivX.com/larholm/articles/Linux_vs._Windows_Viruses.doc
>
> I do believe that Linux is more secure, I do believe that Linux is more
> securable but there are some valid points on both sides of the argument.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux