B.I.O.S. to lock out non-Windows code ?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 9 14:54:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 10:37:15 -0400
"Hugh Reilly" <hughreilly1-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> An "abundant" currency is one where, on the personal level, an account
>
> balance of zero is not an impediment to spending. The account holder
> can continue to spend and reduce his balance into the negative. The
> negative balance need not be paid for with "interest", but is in fact
> backed by his or her own capacity to create value within the context
> of the larger organization which is responsible for managing that
> particular currency.
>
> Does that clear thing up?

This almost sounds like the concept of "negative interest" currency
which I read about, IIRC, in The Illuminatus Trilogy or Schrodinger's
Cat (Robert Anton Wilson), that is currency that actually loses value
the longer one holds on to it, so that the incentive is not to hoard or
accumulate (ie. form monopolies, trusts, etc.) but to constantly develop
and decentralize so as to keep the *flow* of capital (in this case
information) moving, and thereby enrich oneself.

I like your linkage of the GPL with socio-economic models, it is one
that I think deserves more attention than it is getting currently. I
firmly believe that the Free Software model (free as in speech, yadda
yadda) is one that can be easily applied in many more areas than just
software, and if I may, *must* be applied if the Information Age is to
be what it has the potential to be.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046