Installing linux on a linux machine

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 7 07:33:36 UTC 2003

On 10/07/2003 02:53:18 PM, Martin Duclos wrote:
> I want to install RedHat es2.1 on an existing es2.1 machine. Any
> suggestions or pointers on where to start would be greatly
> appreceated.

We do this all the time with Mandrake.  We often want to install both
the development version and the latest stable version on the same
machine.  This is easily done with a newtork install to a chroot.
Since redhat doesn't use an automated rpm system, this may not be as
trivial with redhat, but I haven't used it in a long while, so this
document may give you an idea of how to do it...

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/ChrootHowTo

Austin