WAP <-> Linux

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 7 18:58:49 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 07:09:15PM +0200, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> > Thanks, I will look into this. And into another phone. This one has the M$
> > mini-Exploder. It crashes like its big brother from time to time. What
> > other browsers are there ? I know there is some form of Opera for
> > embedded. Any ideas what to look for ?
>
> I ave only used the WAP browser on my Samsung phones (and a few other
> WAP browsers, usually from phone.com or some other similar company).

Does your browser show a M$ logo when starting ?

> No idea about PDA browsers, although I suspect those do HTML instead.

My GSM phone does html via provider's proxy (requires no effort on my side
apart from typing urls - groan). And support could not tell me how to type
'~' although the phone displays it ok. Argh. Browsing sites like Google on
a 64x128 (I think) b/w lcd screen is 'interesting' but it works.

> The HawHaw lib has the nice feature of auto detecting many browsers and
> setting the output as needed for that browser.
>
> http://www.opengraphics.com/dnd/ is the page I have as a small test I
> wrote.  It should work from almost any browser in a nice way.

Ah, ok, thanks. I tried with the simple phone I have. I can only see text
(like in Lynx), unless its wbmp.

Peter