Gentoo installation error

Lloyd D Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 6 14:26:27 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 09:45, Denis Mironnenko wrote:
> I am following documentation. After doing Section 9 the emerge told me that
> I need to update my portage tree so I did and got the error. Now I did
> update after doing bootstrap and it seemed to work.

You are not alone.  Similar circumstances are reported semi-regularly on
the Gentoo user mailing list.  In sort ignore the msg to update, and
continue with the steps in the install doc.

Aside, 'rsync' as an emerge option is deprecated.  You should use
'sync'.

Cheers,
Lloyd

Lloyd D Budd <lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org>