Audio system to computer

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 5 20:40:16 UTC 2003

Hi audiofile

I have decided to try and move my old vinyl and maybe 78's records to ogg,
wav, or whatever files on the computer.  I have found some programs which
seem to be at a level I can figure out.

I have taken the line-out of my amp and fed it to the line-in of the audio
card and I wasn't surprised at the result.  Now if I can just get rid of
the hum,  ground loop?,  I could get started.

Apparently no audio cards have ground isolation and I don't want to build
something out of transformers, optical transducers etc.  What did you do to
solve this?

One thing that has come to mind is a little fm transmitter [ Radio Shack ]
at the Amp end and use a battery operated receiver at the computer.  That
avoids the cable running across the room but it might not be the best
quality.

Other suggestions?   Thanks

Merv