linux on inspiron 8500

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 5 18:09:22 UTC 2003

"Fiifi Markin" <markino_05-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> writes:

> hi everyone,
> i just installed rh9 on my dell inspiron 8500, but i cannot get the wireless
> mini pci to work, not even the broadcom network adapter is working, can
> someone help me out here........

I have an Inspiron 1100.  I can't help with the wireless because it doesn't
come with on-board wirless.  However, it does have an on-board Broadcom 4401
NIC.  Drivers are available from the Broadcomm web site.  Sorry, I don't have
the URL handy but it wasn't hard to find once I knew where to look.

Also, my on-board modem is a software modem and is supported in Linux
with drivers available from http://www.linuxant.com.  I grabbed the
hsflinmodem-5.03.27lnxtbeta03042700.tar.gz tarball.

HTH,

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
tollfree: 1-87-pro-linux                        thornhill, ontario, canada