Troubleshooting server crashes

Mr6re90re4oug4 mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 3 23:58:17 UTC 2003

On Friday 03 October 2003 14:10, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> What approaches do you guys take for tracking these things down?

If my software set-up's have not been monkey'd with for some time and the
machine just started crashing and doing so more regularly, I would first
check the hardware.

My AMD began thrashing and rebooting a week or so after the blackout. Nothing
was added, updated or removed. What I found were a couple bad CAPS in the
power supply and a fully mature dust bunny beneath the CPU fan.

I replaced the PS and flushed the bunny and all is well again...