SCO called me Thursday.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 3 04:02:36 UTC 2003

A SCO rep. called me Thursday afternoon to confirm that I would be at the
SCO show he in Toronto on Tuesday. My answer was "Yes, I'm looking forward
to it.", which is true but not for the reasons they might think :-)  (evil
grin)...

Now, I am not an IN YOUR FACE kind of guy, but I do want to sharpen some
pointed questions for the SCO reps, things along the lines of:

- A SCO server IP licence for Linux will run over $699 (U.S.), for this sort
of money I can either go into the used Sun market or BSD market and get some
interesting hardware. What real value does SCO offer me?

- SCO is currently being sued for copyright violations by IBM, as well as
being involved in legal tangles with RedHat, and possibly soon SGI. Further
SCO has not introduced any major new products this year. What evidence do we
have that SCO will be around a year from now to support the products you are
selling?

- If I purchase a SCO server IP licence for Linux, and it turns out there is
no SCO intellectual property in Linux, will SCO offer a money back guarantee
on my purchase price?

Other suggestions?

Colin McGregor