MacIntoshes

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 1 23:29:43 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 15:33, JoeHill wrote:

> now what I do is tell Postfix to relay my mail through Sympatico's smtp
> server, and all is well. But you seem to be saying there is a way I
> could do this by "masquerading"...I'll have to do more reading
> obviously...

Your email program sets the sender email address to joe-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org, it could
equally well set it to joe-np+G4h7g1y3hvxM+mQhndA at public.gmane.org  The email would be accepted by your
local postfix, relayed to sympatico's mailserver and from there it would go
to where it belongs, everyone happy, no need for masquerading.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                             Debian GNU/Linux