Some funny MS Propaganda

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 1 11:55:07 UTC 2003

This is just priceless:

"Microsoft's Security Response Center in Redmond, Wash., is the
computing equivalent of a hospital emergency ward. When a problem comes
in the door the center's director, Kevin Kean, and his staff must
swiftly make an assessment: Is the security weakness detected in a
Microsoft software product only minor? Or is it possibly so serious
that, if exploited by a vandal's malicious code (as happened last month
with the Blaster worm) it might crash computers and networks around the
world?

If the threat appears grave, the problem goes immediately into the
center's emergency operating room, where it is attended to by a team of
Microsoft engineers, working nearly round-the-clock to analyze the
flawed code, anticipate paths of attack, devise a software patch to fix
the defect and alert millions of customers of the problem and the patch.

"It's triage and emergency response \x{2014} so it's a lot like an E.R.
ward in that sense," Mr. Kean observed last week.

The race to protect the computing patient has begun again."

Oh the Heroic and Brave Microsoft Software Engineers, working day and
night to protect the innocent! ROTFLMAO!

This is the best part:

"Other operating systems like Linux, Unix and Macintosh, experts say,
all have security vulnerabilities. "But they don't get the attention and
the attacks because, unlike Microsoft, the other technologies are not
deployed on 300 million computers," said Russ Cooper, a security expert
at TruSecure, a computer security company. "This is not just Microsoft's
problem."

Oh, really? I think Unix is deployed on more machines than MS, is it
not? Isn't it Unix that *runs the freaking internet*? LOL!

Source (if you can call it that):

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/29/technology/29SOFT.html

Please, if you have a minute, do as I did and write a little note
explaining some of this to the NY Times...

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/help/lettertoeditor.html

You gotta sign up/register, but it's free...and I'm sure some of you can
do a much better job than I did at debunking this shite!

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046