GUI

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 30 19:57:29 UTC 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, William Park wrote:

> So far, Korean (federal) and German (municipal) government decided to
> try Linux.  This means Intel CPU, also.  Where are the commies when you
> really need them?

This is not to do with commies. Some of us aren't. And Intel is not a real
monopoly. I have never owned an Intel made cpu since I had an XT
(AMD8088), and till now (still on AMD and will likely stay on AMD). I do
not have a problem with HW vendors because their price wars are bound to
physical products and are not as amenable to dirty marketing tricks as
software. They have to keep the cash flowing or those wafer fabs will have
to be closed so competition works there, even if it's cutthroat many
times.

Peter