Intel (was Re:GUI)

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 30 04:36:28 UTC 2003

> On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, William Park wrote:
> > > Speak for yourself.  Here they're running on AMD CPUs, plus a few
> > > other flavors...
> >
> > This is borderline amateurish.  Intel gets royalty, for every AMD sold.
>
> References, please.  My understanding is that the cross-licensing
> agreement between Intel and AMD was dissolved long ago, and there is
> nothing in current AMD CPUs that requires tithing to Intel.  They most
> certainly are *NOT* making duplicates of Intel's designs -- the AMD ones
> are markedly better.

I'd surely expect that the original contracts whereby AMD made 80386es
have ended by now.

The electronics industry is nonetheless rife with crosslicensing
agreements surrounding respective sets of dueling patents.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/unix.html