GUI

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 29 21:40:05 UTC 2003

>> I completely understand what you are saying, but I don't see how that is
>> illegal.
>
> It doesn't matter whether *you* see it as illegal or not. Facts are
> facts. They have already been found guilty, as I said, in several
> jurisdictions, by varying degrees of "liberal" and "not so liberal"
> courts, of various and sundry illegal business practices.

I guess that's one take on it, even the most popular view, as limited as
it is. However, consider this. What the courts have effectively done is
tell other vendors not to do what M$ is doing or has done to get where
they are, effectively sealing M$'s position as a market leader.

Intentional? You tell me. The big 3 vendors still bundle M$ software on
their systems, M$ is still incompatible with most other OS vendors, etc.
etc. Nothing has *_really_* changed.

> They have yet, however, to be properly punished <grin>.

Don't hold your breath.

--
Keith