Debian apt-get install kernel-image

jkls jkls-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 29 18:38:16 UTC 2003

I could have sworn I asked for smbfs support when I installed
this system but it's not there so...
I did an apt-get install kernel-image last week and I thought I saw
some errors in the text that scrolled by as it finished the config.
I just haven't re-booted since because I haven't had time to look
into it.

1. Is there a way to see the output of these dpkg, debconf  commands?
Some sort of history log? Looks like no. I see that some FAQ's say to
use tee to log the output.

2. If I have to switch back to my old kernel am I right to think I just need
to reverse any changes to lilo.conf, kernel-image.conf, change
the symlink in /vmlinuz to point to my old kernel, and then run lilo?

Thanks,
LS