Debian Updates

Byron Q. Desnoyers Winmill lists-Gb8Tj4xcA4YgsBAKwltoeQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 28 06:13:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Keith Mastin wrote:
> I would like to see that the syntax of the gui is 100% correct, that
> no 2 lines conflict with each other

I'm by no means an expert in GUI configuration tools (since I don't use
them), but wouldn't such conflicts be refered to as bugs.

> The best that I can remember seeing is for configuring the linux kernel,
> and even that could use some fine tuning before it's ready for prime-time
> use by non-techie types.

I wouldn't have non-techie types configure a kernel.  While you may get
by with a minimal understanding of hardware, you *will* fail if you
don't know your hardware.  Besides, it wouldn't qualify on your other
criteria: it doesn't handle dependencies properly (at least for PPC
kernels).

Byron.