GUI

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 28 02:48:53 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 09:35:51PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> There were features in OS/2, back in 1992, that have still not
> appeared in Windows.
>
> In order to appreciate all the benefits of OS/2, you have to use it a
> fair bit.  And even though I've used it for almost 14 years and even
> provided 3rd level support at IBM on it, there's still a lot of it,
> which I haven't used.

If it's so good, then why couldn't IBM sell it?  Could it be that what
you're describing (ie. rearranging things on desktop) has nothing to do
with real productivity in workplace, ie. by secretarial letters, mom/pop
small business accounting, students essays, executive presentation, etc.?

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>