Looking for Advice

Phillip Mills pmills-5bG9SNWDbRX3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 28 02:19:44 UTC 2003

On Thursday, November 27, 2003, at 06:49 PM, Henry Spencer wrote:

> Personal contacts make a big difference even in more prosperous times.

Yes...but my feeling is that the degree to which it's currently true is
like a change in kind rather than just a change in emphasis.  I've had
seven full-time jobs since 1978; five through public processes and two
via "insiders".  In the past year, the publicly-advertised
opportunities have been almost completely dry as far as anything even
minimally appealing.

I'd also suggest to the O.P., don't just ask your clients whether they
know of something suitable, but also whether the people they deal with
know of anything...an extra link in the chain, if you will.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714