use of html now acceptable ?

dave morton dmorton-VBJBm02B4Ag at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 27 21:34:57 UTC 2003

Again....
Not to seem too stuffed shirt ( he he he.... LOL, 'n e how, he he he...) I
wish to be able to understand the dialog. I am not railing against sloppy
sentence structure, typos, poor grammar or the like; those are all
perfectly acceptable. What I am simply requesting is that colloquial
writing styles try to be avoided. If you can 'rap' the question to the tlug
in a clear format, or as an acrostic poem, I don't care; just so long as
the meaning is clear.

Avoid graphical smiley faces and non sequiturs. I learn buckets from
reading these mailing lists, so clarity and economy of words is really
appreciated.

I grew up in the 60's where every other word uttered was 'man' , 'cool' ,
'bitchin!' etc. Even Jack Kerouac and Alan Ginsberg, the writers, who wrote
for my generation, did not write as if they were talking to another member
of the beat generation.

Posting to these types of lists can be educational, interesting and fun.
Don't spoil it by using terms which are too technical to be understood by
the average reader, or too 'street' to understand by the average old guy!

dave